2002 Jul 30 17:51

Re: [vox-tech] bootable partition question

Re: [vox-tech] bootable partition question

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:22:10PM -0700, ME wrote:
[snip]
> This is such a difficult problem to resolve, I think it should be taken to
> the Internet Oracle... (DUM-DAH DUMMMMMMM!) <--- musical score to signify
> a serious issue. ;-)
[snip]

First response from the oracle: (I'll only pass on "good ones" after
this.)

---
From oracle@cs.indiana.edu Tue Jul 30 21:59:50 2002

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply.
Your question was:

> Oh great Internet Oracle of the "Interweb" and "Information super collider"
> whose power of understanding, is greater than that of the quantum
> computers of the Gingat System, and the stellar photonic cyber systems
> of the Kan'gamesh, a great and mysterious question has come to us mere
> mortals for which we have no answer.
>
> In our Linux User Group Mailing List, a member writes:
> "Nothing Beats a Boot Disk (tm)
>  followed closely by:
>  Nothing Beats a Linux Bootable Business Card"
>
> Logically, how can both of these statements be true with the middle
> qualification? We have struggled for many generations to try to solve
> this riddle - a riddle which the great and powerful Internet
> Oracle could answer with a fempto second or perhaps less time if we
> had a reliable system to measure such times accurately.
>
> We fear a religious holy war may result between our different
> factions unless we can come to resolution on such a difficult
> problem as this!
>
> Thanks for your time,
> A Humble Follower

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:

} Oh loyal and humble follower of the great Oracle.
}
} Currently the Oracle is seeing the great Geneheptotologist to the stars
} and as such couldn't be bothered by such an easy question.
}
} But the answer is so obvious and simple that even I, the lowly Zadoc,
} can see why it would cause a religious war, and as such an outside view
} might help resolve years and centuries of bloody conflicts.
}
} A Linux Boot-Up disk is by it's very nature, it's own Bootable
} Business Card.  After all, if you boot up into Linux on any machine,
} you have successfully proven your worth to the great Computer Karma
} Scorecards in the Great Ethernet in the Sky and your soul has
} successfully broadcasted it's resume of worthiness to the Greatness
} above, below and ^2 with your business acumen, skill, good look, great
} breath, smooth hair, sexy smile and brilliant conversation.  All this
} just by flashing your Linux Boot Disk Business Card.
}
} The Oracle's Humble and Loyal Servant, Zadoc, hopes that you may find
} peace and prosperity in your endeavors and humbly prays that you might
} find inside of your heart the power to redeem the illustrious name of
} Zadoc.
}    <Paid for by the Zadoc Political Rehabilitation fund council.>
---