2002 Jul 29 13:05

[vox-tech] Re: remote desktop question

---From http://www.tjansen.de/krfb/
KRfb Server is a small server for the RFB protocol, better known as VNC.
Unlike other Unix/Linux RFB servers KRfb shares your X11 session instead
of creating a new one. This allows a friend or administrator to fix
problems on your computer, or you can use it to show your desktop to
somebody else at a remote location. It is compatible with all regular
VNC / RFB clients.
---End http://www.tjansen.de/krfb/

There's a similar tool included in Linux-Mandrake called x0rfb (in the
rfb package). These tools are very useful for helping newbies over the
phone and internet because you don't need to explain how to run the
whole session through VNC (which would require them restarting all of
the programs in their session), you just need to tell them to run krfb,
and to click the button that says "Accept Connection" when you the UNIX
guru try to connect.