2002 Jul 26 18:45

Re: [vox-tech] merging mbox archives

On Thursday 25 July 2002 21:49, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting eric nelson (en77@attbi.com):
> > I got a new hard drive.  My old mail is in /mnt/home/en/Mail.  I guess it
> > is mbox format (I use kmail).  Is there an easy way to merge the old mail
> > w/ the new one?
>
> Just cat the two mboxes together.  I'm not kidding.

Well, I guess I left out something.  My old version was RH 7.1, the new one is
RH 7.3.  In the old one, you have:
.outbox.index
outbox

That is outbox is a file, everything is in Mail

In the new one, it's more like:
/outbox
.outbox.index

So, outbox is a directory

Are these both mbox format?  Can the old one be converted?