2002 Jul 26 21:41

Re: [vox-tech] gpg: do we ever have to change trust level for our keys?

Re: [vox-tech] gpg: do we ever have to change trust level for our keys?

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>

> On Friday 26 July 2002 01:09 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > 12:30pm:
> >
> > gpg doesn't seem to recognize that my key is trusted anymore.
> >
> > is this normal?
>
> Are you using gpg 1.07? If you are, then this is probably a new feature. Take
> a look at the docs, there must be a way to disable it.

yeah, i'm using 1.07.

matt roper had the same problem -- he couldn't verify anyone's signature
because his own private key lost its trust rating.  therefore,
everyone's key that he signed instantly became untrusted.

i spent about 30 minutes figuring out what happened.  i emailed him what
i had found earlier, and he found that the same thing had happened - his
private key lost its trust rating.

i already looked at the changelog, but didn't find anything useful.

pete