2002 Jul 21 14:46

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 12:06:39PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > From the perspective of a running system's admin,
> > it was Debian-stable one day, and still Debian-stable the next day.
> > The fact that it automatically followed the symlink from stable = potato
> > to stable = woody is intellectually interesting, but the admin probably
> > wouldn't even notice unless he read Slashdot.
>
> Trust me.  I noticed. :)  "apt-get upgrade" (or was it dist-upgrade?)
> had been installing 0 changes 99% of the time for the past ~6 months or so.

that's about right.

> Last night, an 'upgrade' of 'stable' caused about 200 packages to come
> through.  I have about 10000 more installed files and directories on my
> system. :)

there is something wrong with your system.   what have you DONE to your
poor system?  :)

give me the name of a single package that got upgraded last night.

then give me the version number you currently have.   then give me your
/etc/apt/sources.list.

if you had 200 packages upgraded last night, something is definitely
wrong.

pete