January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 16 18:09

Re: [vox-tech] Help Request with SAMBA and SWAT

Re: [vox-tech] Help Request with SAMBA and SWAT

OK, I avoided answering this post becasue I don't have all the details,
but... I remember trying to use SWAT under Redhat (5.2 or 6.1 I think) and
there was a commnented out field in the inetd.conf that had to do with
SWAT. Basically (according to my poor excuse for a memory) SWAT ran it's
own web "server".  The inetd entry (which was commented out by default for
security reasons) called a specific command that returned the SWAT
interface to the client browser. It had nothing to do with gnome or
apache.

I'm sorry that's not a very detailed answer and with my current workload I
can't research further right now. If I can find some time next week, I'll
reply with more details.

Back then, I found that Swat would hose up my smb.conf pretty bad, so I
stopped using it (after I lost a few hours of configuration). I suggest
being very careful and making backup's of the smb.conf before using.

-doug