2002 Jul 16 16:29

Re: [vox-tech] Help Request with SAMBA and SWAT

Re: [vox-tech] Help Request with SAMBA and SWAT

Thank you Henry and Peter and others on the SAmba shuffle.

I tried

dpkg -l | egrep 'apache|httpd'

and came up with nil and recall that during the install I chose not to
install a server!  What would one want that for???

OK, no SWAT without a server.  Perhaps I will put one in at the  Sunday
installfest.

Or how would I do that in my little nest at home.

 I will also visit with Roseville at their Samba fest on Saturday.  I am
down to mastering the smb.conf  files.

I have several networked win boxes.  I would like to share files both ways.
I have printers and plotters on all the different machines, I would like
to share some of those including a HP1600 jetdirect printer that is
networked in.

Thanks for the help.

Dick Ely