2002 Jul 16 12:32

Re: [vox-tech] Help Request with SAMBA and SWAT

Re: [vox-tech] Help Request with SAMBA and SWAT

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:57:52PM -0700, Dick Ely using JPS-SMTP & POP wrote:
[...]
> SWAT simply hangs when I try to run it and when I try to log on  to
> //localhost:901using gnome   I get *connection refused*.
>

> First:  Why cannot I log on to //localhost:901 using gnome?

This error likely means that there is no web server installed on your
computer. Try, in a terminal window:

	dpkg -l | less
	dpkg -l | egrep 'apache|httpd'

to see if a webserver is installed. The first command shows you all installed
packages, the second scans for names containing 'apache' or 'httpd'.

--
Henry House