2002 Jul 12 21:13

Re: [vox-tech] printer question

> i hate setting up printers; maybe because i know so little about how
> printing works.

It's not just you:  Everyone passionately hates Unix printing.  I do
everything humanly possible to stay away from it.

Consider throwing out the entire lpr mess, and installing CUPS and the
gnome-print filters ("drivers").  Or PDQ in place of CUPS.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/howto/spoolers.html
http://www.linuxprinting.org/howto/background.html

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!