2002 Jul 07 08:00

Re: [vox-tech] php install issue

Rod Roark wrote:

> --with-pgsql should point to the base install directory for
> postgres, not to any particular /lib or /include.  So you
> might try --with-pgsql=/usr, and if the includes are still
> not found then you can try something like
> --with-extra-includes=/usr/include/pgsql.
>
> Do "./configure --help" to see what the choices are.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks Rod, but the problem turned out to be a bad symbolic link (ghost
of rpms past). I rpm -e'd again and then rm -r the old directories. The
next problem was really odd, but turned out to be a known bug. One has
to manually add a libs directory to the php build directory prior to
make install, some problem between php-4.2.0 and php-4.2.1 (see
http://news.php.net/article.php?group=php.bugs&article=9116).

I now have have MING on my box at home and tested with some sample
scripts from http://www.neuralust.com/%7Emingdocs/.

For those interested, I'm trying php/MING as a graphical environment for
displaying genomic information.

--
Eric Engelhard - www.cvbig.org - www.sagresdiscovery.com