2002 Jul 06 10:19

Re: [vox-tech] Making mouse button function as meta or other modifiers?

Re: [vox-tech] Making mouse button function as meta or other modifiers?

keyword: mouse, button, buttons, wheelie, scroll

ryan,

XFree86 3.x can't do this.  thankfully, XFree86 4.x can.   see the
manpages for clarifications.  here's what i do for my 7 button mouse on
lucifer:

1. in your .xinitrc (or whatever you use to configure X when it starts),
   use:

   xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

2. in your XF86Config file:

   Section "InputDevice"