2002 Jul 06 09:48

[vox-tech] php install issue

I am trying to install php-4.2.1 from source on my home RedHat 7.2 box
(want MING at home) and have run into a configuration issue with
postgresql-7.2.1. Unfortunately, php wants files in a single path when
they are installed in multiple directories.

When I configure with ./configure --with-pgsql --with-apxs --with-ming,
I get:
configure: error: Cannot find libpq.so. Please specify correct
PostgreSQL installation path

libpq.so is in /usr/lib, but ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/lib
--with-apxs --with-ming gives:
configure: error: Cannot find libpq-fe.h. Please specify correct
PostgreSQL installation path

libpq-fe.h is in /usr/include/pgsql/, but ./configure
--with-pgsql=/usr/include/pgsql/ --with-apxs --with-ming gives:
configure: error: Cannot find libpq.so. Please specify correct
PostgreSQL installation path

Should I just create a directory with symbolic links, or is there an
easier way?

By the way, anyone else playing with MING yet?

Eric
--
Eric Engelhard - www.cvbig.org - www.sagresdiscovery.com