2002 Jul 02 08:42

Re: [vox-tech] Question: mod_dav.1.0.3 + apache.1.3.26 and CR/LFissues w

Re: [vox-tech] Question: mod_dav.1.0.3 + apache.1.3.26 and CR/LFissues w/ MacOS+MSWin

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, ME wrote:

> Though I would still like an elegant solution, I have something that does
> what I need with on-the-fly line termination for dav served html or text
> files to match the connecting client's OS.
>
> This is unweildly and is rather brutish, so I am still interested in
> other responses...

I am only now learning about WebDAV, but since it is built on http, it
ought to be as interoperable as http is, so something seems odd about
this.

To be specific, I _thought_ there was a standard for on-the-wire text
files through http... CRLF format, and clients were supposed to be
responsible for translating to and from their own formats.  Is there
something systemically wrong with all these clients, or is the ContentType
header just not set right?

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing