2002 Jun 28 16:21

Re: [vox-tech] Part Way Into X

begin ME <dugan@passwall.com>
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Jim Angstadt wrote:
> >
> > ME, I'm a raw newbie at this.  I don't even know where
> > my make stuff is.
>
> These would likely be options or packages. I do not use RedHat, but might
> expect it could come up like this...
> You choose to install a new game, and while doing so the installer tells
> you that you need to install other packages. These other packages might
> include names like those above ("add support for DRI", "Support for GLX",
> "support for hardware accelleration", "3d video card support").

mike, you prolly saw this in my previous post, but his card doesn't
support DRI.  his mtrr's also weren't set up correctly.  but neither of
these should be "problems".

i couldn't see anything obviously wrong with stderrput of startx.

jim, if you send me the output of dmesg, i'll look at your boot messages
and see if anything is wrong there.

the only reason why i suggest this is you mentioned that the machine's
lost networking at the same time as it lost a functioning window/desk
manager.

sounds suspicious that both happened at the same time.  makes me think
there might be a larger issue here.

hmm...  just for shits and giggles, why not post the output of "df -h"?

pete