2002 Jun 26 18:32

Re: [vox-tech] Laptop Computer setup for IF

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Rusty Minden wrote:

> I am re-doing my laptop settings for my new laptop this will be so that I can
> use it at the IF for network installs. I will set my NTFS partition to 12GB
> (No comments from the peanut gallerie please I need it for school) and SWAP
> to 256MB / to 10GB an the rest to /home for the files (Unless I should have a
> separate directory for the Debian images?). I would like to use the laptop
> at the IF because it is more portable that the LUGOD machine and so long as I
> am there it will be too.

I don't know why you bring up directories in a discussion of
partitioning... and you don't say how big the /home will be.

Of more interest to me is how the network will be set up... if the LUGOD
machine isn't there to hand out dhcp assignments, will you use static
addresses or set up dhcpd yourself?  Are you planning to be prepared to
use two network cards in the laptop and masquerade out through an assigned
dhcp address from the campus so we can google for problem solutions from
more than one box?

Of course, you will want to setup an anonymous ftp server and put the
debian packages in the ftp directory tree.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing