2002 Jun 23 15:43

Re: [vox-tech] debian virtual install

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Rick Moen wrote:

> I may be missing something important, here (long day, up late), but
> wouldn't this be a perfect situation to use chroot?

Ya, that would work but not 100% the way I want it.

With a chrooted envr, I'd need to pull the base system from a mirror,
unpack, etc, then do the install.

I'd like to take advantage that the system I'm using already has a working
OS and would simply like apt to go it's magic in a different directory.

Plus, chroot requires you to be root. (which is not a problem, but something
I'd like to avoid).

-Gabe