2002 Jun 21 10:34

Re: [vox-tech] fwd: [lugod lert] Unstable Linux Machine

Re: [vox-tech] fwd: [lugod lert] Unstable Linux Machine

This problem doesn't sound Linux-specific (it's unstable
with Windows too, right?).

Sounds like a bad motherboard, RAM or CPU.  Here's the
standard drill:

If you're overclocking, don't.  Try UNDERclocking.  Make
sure your jumper and BIOS settings are all conservative
and correct.  If you have multiple memory modules, try it
with first just one and then another.  Make sure there's
heatsink compound between the CPU and the heatsink.  Try a
different CPU.

If none of the above helps, it's probably the motherboard.

-- Rod

http://www.sunsetsystems.com/