January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 21 00:28

Re: [vox-tech] setting up 2 ethernet cards

Re: [vox-tech] setting up 2 ethernet cards

If you can set the PCI cards to accept staticly assigned resources you can
use lilo / append info for name assignment.

append="ether=0,0,eth0 ether=0,0,eth1 ether=0,0,eth2"

0 is for probing

format:
append="ether=[IRQ],[IO Address],[ifacename] ether=[IRQ],[IO Address],[ifacename] ..."

the append line is added to a lilo.conf and lilo is re-run. Check lilo
docs for more.

If you cant assign resources to your PCI cards based on slots, most
systems I have used seem to consistently load the cards and name them
based on their slot and locations (slots at one end are low numbered eth
and slots used at the other end are higher)

Hope this helps...

-ME