2002 Jun 20 19:15

Re: [vox-tech] X settings

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Rusty Minden wrote:

> I have my mouse working, and video at 640x 480, but it needs work. I am also
> having problems with my sound config with ALSA.

I don't know about ALSA... I have only used OSS and kernel drivers.

> Video Card = NVIDIA GeFource 2 w/ 64MB

I think this needs kernel 2.4... have you upgraded?

> Sound AC97 on board

You haven't said what you did for this yet.  I think there are several
kernel drivers that may apply, depending on which variation of AC97 you
have. I don't know how ALSA handles this.

> XF86Config-4 File

[...]

> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier   "Monitor0"
> 	VendorName   "CTX"
> 	ModelName    "7694"
> 	Modeline  "640x480" 25.20 640 664 760 780 480 490 492 517 -hsync -vsync
> EndSection

Seems like you need to fix this section, or your video modes below
will be ignored. :)

Did you run "XFree86 -configure"?

[...]

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing