2002 Jun 17 14:59

[vox-tech] Re: Mutt and SMTP server

Thanks. I had been using less and the / key to search through
/etc/postfix/main.cf for the phrase "smtp" assuming that one of the
examples for the appropriate option would have to be listed as
smtp.domain.com or something like that. for some reason, I never saw that
option in main.cf, even though the description for the option clearly
reffered to SMTP.

I figured out the correct smtp server (I assumed that smtp.ucdavis.edu
might not be right but that I ought to try it first) while I was
configuring Mozilla to send out my help message. Of course, by the
time I chose the right one and tested it by sending my message to
vox-tech, I had already sent the message to the list and couldn't
correct my message to say mail.earthlink.net.