2002 Jun 17 11:37

[vox-tech] Mutt and SMTP server

My computer is currently for mutt to send outgoing messages using
Postfix (I haven't made any config changes to postfix from the default
mandrake install) This setup worked just fine for me at UC Davis over
the school year, when I was on resnet, but now I'm using dialup through
EarthLink over the summer, and I can't seem to send any messages through.

[bloom@cat-in-the-hat ~]% mailq
-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
865383B4AC     2535 Sat Jun 15 23:13:54  bloom@cat-in-the-hat.ucdavis.edu
    (connect to shelob.julianhaight.com[64.90.162.82]: Network is
unreachable)

submit.vEN5OwWtLgSqOEGG@spam.spamcop.net

B2A693B4AD    10007 Sat Jun 15 23:44:29  bloom@cat-in-the-hat.ucdavis.edu
      (connect to mail.hillelhouse.org[64.63.125.220]: Network is
unreachable)
                                         hdamron@hillelhouse.org
    (connect to mta1.grp.scd.yahoo.com[66.218.66.216]: Network is
unreachable)
                                         aggiesforisrael@yahoogroups.com
       (connect to mx4.mail.yahoo.com[216.136.129.14]: Network is
unreachable)
                                         campusrabbi@yahoo.com

-- 12 Kbytes in 2 Requests.

How does one configure mutt or postfix to try to use smtp.ucdavis.edu to
send outgoing messages?