2002 Jun 10 13:58

Re: [vox-tech] [web-dev] Setting website icons?

Re: [vox-tech] [web-dev] Setting website icons?

This is from a Windows IE perspective but does have the
relevant ico graphic file size details.

http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/favicon.shtml

-sp

On Mon, 10 June 2002, Matt Roper wrote

> Those web browsers try to fetch a file called
favicon.ico when they
> first visit a site.  If they find it, they use it as
the URL bar icon
> and bookmark icon.  The file should be in the
standard windows .ico
> format.  I'm not sure if this is a standard or not,
but most web
> browsers have picked this up now (not just the
windows ones).

wrote:
> > Whenever I visit a site using IE or Mozilla under
Windows, I notice some
> > sites can change the icons that appear on the URL.
Everything2.org, for
> > example.  Does anyone know how to set this?  I
don't see anything in the
> > stylesheet, as far as I can see I don't see
anything obvious in the
> > source... (though it's gotta be in the source
*somewhere*!.)