2002 Jun 10 21:05

Re: [vox-tech] [web-dev] Setting website icons?

Re: [vox-tech] [web-dev] Setting website icons?

Those web browsers try to fetch a file called favicon.ico when they
first visit a site.  If they find it, they use it as the URL bar icon
and bookmark icon.  The file should be in the standard windows .ico
format.  I'm not sure if this is a standard or not, but most web
browsers have picked this up now (not just the windows ones).

Matt