January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 07 12:03

Re: [vox-tech] Mutt: Saving E-mail Messages as Text Files

Re: [vox-tech] Mutt: Saving E-mail Messages as Text Files

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 09:12:18AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
<snip>
> (which make ">" the save key) in your .muttrc, i think it's "s".

You can also save the various other parts (e.g., if there's an attachment
or three) by hitting [v] to view the parts of the e-mail, and using the
cursor to select which part you wish to save and hitting [s].

Heck, you can even DELETE parts of a message.  e.g., if Linus Torvalds
e-mailed me saying "yes, I can come to LUGOD!" and attached a 40MB
MP3 file of Britney Spears, I can delete the MP3 file, but still keep the
body of his message around.

(Before you quit Mutt, when the attachment is actually purged, the
e-mail has a little "d" tag next to it  (e.g., like the big "D" it gets
when you delete the entire message.)