2002 Jun 05 11:53

Re: [vox-tech] no dev file for newly installed HD

Re: [vox-tech] no dev file for newly installed HD

Your bootloader might be passing "hdf=ide-scsi" parameter.  *If* that is
the case, take the following measures:

   - If you are using LILO:

     1. Edit /etc/lilo.conf as root.
        (change the line that says "hdf=ide-scsi" to "hdg=ide-scsi")

     2. Run `lilo` as root.

   - If you are using Grub:

     1. I don't know -- I don't use Grub :)

You *may* also need to change some settings so your CD programs see the
new device name for your CD drive, but it may or may not be necessary.  It
may also depend from program to program.

-Mark
 Linux: Too many choices... makes it too confusing for the beginner...
 and those helping them out...

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.