2002 Jun 04 08:50

[vox-tech] Demo machine has no modem...

  Okay, a while back I said the machine appeared to have a modem, that
was not responding to software config attempts (so I didn't mess with it
much)... I got a chance to look into it today, it is actually a Farallon
ISA Etherwave card (made about 1995), basically it's a 10bT ethernet
card and repeater... it has two 10bT ports, plug one into your network
connection and using a straight through cable you connect the
card to another ethernet device.

  This thing uses the 3c509 driver, appears to be non-PnP and has no
jumpers and is auto-detected at IO 0x300, IRQ 10.  I'm looking for setup
disk to see if it's possible to enable a PnP mode on the card, or change
those settings.

  The funny thing is that the card's repeat and transmit things work
fine, so the machine plugged into the other port is working fine.
But the host the card is plugged into does not receive any packets.

  Maybe some website has info on how to get this working...