2002 May 31 17:38

Re: [vox-tech] Change mail host, lose e-mails?

Re: [vox-tech] Change mail host, lose e-mails?

Well you could retain the old service for a month or so, to
give people a chance to dispose of whatever's there.

Of course, after the DNS switchover they won't be able to
get to it using the domain name, but they can configure
their mail clients to get mail from both places, addressing
the old mail server via its IP address.  You'll have to
give them very clear instructions for doing that.

Fetchmail might be another option, but I have no experience
with it.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/