January 6: Social gathering
2002 May 28 23:04

Re: [vox-tech] Re: truetype fonts under gnome

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 03:26:37PM -0700, nbs wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 03:17:07PM -0700, nbs wrote:
> > I followed some very nice instructions on the web:
> > "TrueType Fonts on Debian XFree86 4.x Systems"
> > ( http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/xfree4_tt.html )
>
>   http://www.sonic.net/~nbs/xfontsel.gif  <--- font works
>   http://www.sonic.net/~nbs/gfontsel.gif  <--- font does not work

  Okay, I've not followed the steps from top to bottom, but I do have
a copy of Garton that shows the same behavior.  First some questions:

- Where did you get the Garton font?
  (it doesn't appear to be in the msttcorefonts)

- Are we using the same font?  (below is the md5sum from my TTF file)
  15919e2750f38a3988147cd6ad57d22a  GARTON__.TTF

- Which other fonts do you see this problem with?

  Now an observation about gfontsel: if you select the second tab
(font information) you should see it say that it's not actually
using the font you requested.

  I haven't figured out why this is yet but... it does tell you which
font is actually being displayed.

    TTFN,
      Mike