2002 May 16 18:12

[vox-tech] ssh corruption message

Peter,

Sometime before you had some ssh corruption message problems.  The problem
was that OpenSSH does a bug-workaround for some versions of SSH, which was
actually giving problems with the newer versions of SSH with bug-fixes.

I did a search on the mailing list archive but I couldn't find the topic.
Does anyone remember the version numbers of OpenSSH and SSH daemons that
were affected by this problem?  And what is the exactly error message?

I'm getting corruption messages with my church website server (Linux); it
started about a month ago.  The telnet was also down so I figured they
were having some problems with daemons crashing, but just the other day I
accidentally ran Putty on my Windows machine and was surprised to get a
login prompt.  Apparently the webhosting service just ran some
system upgrades and tightened security.  One of my concerns, though, is
that the server key has changed... but they sometimes get changed if you
don't upgrade the system properly so perhaps that's what happened.

Thanks in adv!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim