2002 May 10 18:15

[vox-tech] power supply question

power supply fans generally stay on 24/7.  right?

i have a power supply fan which turns on for the first second or two of
powering up, then it comes to a stop (but in such a way that makes it
look like it wants to turn; it dances a bit).

if you leave it on for awhile, it'll start spinning again (with an
audible click.  sounds like a switch or relay) but only for a few
minutes.  it'll stop again.  and eventually start up again.

when you power the system off, it rotates a few times before coming to a
halt.

the fan rotates freely when the power is off.

any ideas?   (aside from buying a new supply).

pete