January 6: Social gathering
2002 May 10 17:57

[vox-tech] Red Hat 7.0--Automount Drives--errors

[vox-tech] Red Hat 7.0--Automount Drives--errors

I'm booting into Red Hat 7.0.

I have 2 hard drives (One Windows; Linux); 1 floppy; and 2 CD-ROM drives
(one for playback; one for burning).
After adjusting the auto mounting settings to try to get all 5 drives to
mount automatically, I'm now getting the following errors:

May 10 13:07:10 localhost mount: mount: block device /dev/cdrom is
write-protected, mounting read-only
May 10 13:07:10 localhost mount: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock on /dev/cdrom,
May 10 13:07:10 localhost mount:        or too many mounted file systems
May 10 13:07:10 localhost mount: mount: block device /dev/cdrom1 is
write-protected, mounting read-only
May 10 13:07:13 localhost mount: mount: No medium found
May 10 13:07:13 localhost mount: mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device
May 10 13:07:13 localhost netfs: Mounting other filesystems:  failed

The 2 hard drives automount OK, as does the playback CD-ROM
The floppy does not automount (although it will if I manually mount it).
The CD-ROM does not seem to mount at all.

In addition, the error messages just bug me.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to reconfigure the program so that the
drives automount and the error messages go away.

Thanks.

Greg Weber