2002 May 07 18:15

Re: [vox-tech] help: postscript wierdness

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:09:44PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> hi all,
>
> if anyone would be so kind as to humor me on this one:
>
> www.dirac.org/p/linux-gamers-howto.ps
>
> there are a couple of places where gv doesn't display parts of
> sentences, and it's really throwing me for a loop.
[...]
> if someone could possibly help me out there:
>
> 1. if you know why this is happening and how i can correct it, please
>     tell me.
>
> 2. please verify that you can't see the missing line as well

The text 'ReWind (Section 10.4.2).' appears at the bottom of page 31 when I
view the aforementioned file. I have gs-aladdin version 6.50-5 and gv version
3.5.8-26. What versions do you have?

The postscript code looks perfectly normal to me. The code

	0 29.8 M(ReWind \(Section 10.4.2\).)S

means

1. move to co÷rdinates x=0, y=29.8 (0 29.8 M, M being defines as "moveto");
2. show "ReWind (Section 10.4.2)." (quoted text in parentheses, S is defined
   as "show").

--
Henry House