2002 May 06 01:01

Re: [vox-tech] File write limit?

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:41:35AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> Fair enough Mike. :-) Here is my full df

  Cool you have space.

> Mandrake82-cd1-inst.i586.iso:   File size limit exceeded
>
> I get this same error each time I try to download an ISO file (whether I
> resume or start fresh). It gets to 98MB and stops. I tried to ncftpbatch
> these files, and I wound up with a directory full of 98MB iso files. :)
>
> Do you need any more information? Do you have any ideas?

  - run "ulimit -a", you probably have a ulimit set, paste results.

Here is what I see.
===
msimons@star:~$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 256
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited
===

  "-f" is the maximum size a single file is allowed to grow to...

  - If that is the case check out your login scripts for a setting, or
    /etc/security/limits.conf...

  If not let me know, and I'll look into other possibilities.

    Later,
      Mike