2002 May 05 17:20

Re: [vox-tech] mandrake question

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 04:52:34PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> does mandrake and/or redhat come with an integrated partition
> splitter/resizer?
[...]
> if the answer is yes, does said integrated tool handle NTFS and/or dos?

  Only speaking for Mandrake which I had the unexpected pleasure
of installing at the last installfest.  It has a tool called diskdrake
which supports splitting and resizing of filesystems.  This tool is
built into the install system.  I don't remember what filesystem type
it was working on last time, but as far as I can tell it does not handle
NTFS.

> i'm asking for a friend who is going to try out linux.  i recommended
> mandrake, and wanted to tell him what to expect during the install.

  I was amazed at how polished the Mandrake install went...

    TTFN,
      Mike

ps:
- as far as I can tell Redhat bundles diskdrake as well.
- GNU "parted" is coming along, but still doesn't touch NTFS.
- diskdrake is a perl-gtk program.