2002 May 06 00:31

[vox-tech] Re: Hebrew TrueType fonts and AbiWord bidi 1.0.0

[vox-tech] Re: Hebrew TrueType fonts and AbiWord bidi 1.0.0

I never did figure out the thing with the David font, but I did finally
get hebrew fonts into AbiWord. I reverted to the original AbiWord fonts
folder (I didn't want to deal with the Windows fonts), and I added the
elmar_scalable postscript fonts. I used pfa2afm (it spit out an error
message, but it still spit out the necessary files just fine-I used the
version included in AbiWord 1.0.0's source tree because the version available
for download at http://bibliofile.mc.duke.edu/gww/FreeWare/MyToys.html
didn't work) to generate .afm files for each of the elmar_scalable
fonts, I stuck the fonts and their .afm files in the abiword fonts
directory. I updated fonts.dir and fonts.scale (by appending the file
from the elmar_scalable directory and updating the count) and I was good
to go. It even prints!!!