2002 May 03 10:14

[vox-tech] Hebrew TrueType fonts and AbiWord bidi 1.0.0

[vox-tech] Hebrew TrueType fonts and AbiWord bidi 1.0.0

I'm trying to convince AbiWord to print hebrew characters, to no
success. Using a Font "David" that contains hebrew characters, I typed
the message "This is the "David" font." followed by four hebrew letters.
When I printed to file (with fonts embedded) and viewed this document
using gv, I saw the message "This is the "David" font" but did not see
any hebrew characters. I tested the hebrew characters in both
Left-to-Right and Right-to-Left (the way they're supposed to be printed)
to see whether that was the problem, but that did not improve the situation.

The characters display just fine in AbiWord, but not in ghostscript and
they don't print to my Deskjet 932c printer (using ghostscript+gimp-print).

Any ideas how to make this work?