2002 Apr 28 07:42

Re: [vox-tech] X-win port 177

Looked up port 177 (XDMCP) on google...
http://www.microimages.com/mix/xdmconfig.htm

I dunno about XDMCP, but a
tom@dilweed:~$ xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
Will turn off access controls.

When using X-Win32, I normally log into the box with PuTTY and then set my
DISPLAY variable, then launch whatever app I need, and it pops up on X-Win32.

It's real ugly, but it works for quick and dirty apps.

-Tom
tlburnett@ucdavis.edu