2002 Apr 28 07:35

Re: [vox-tech] Wine and fonts?

stephen,

the easiest way to set up wine is by using winex -- www.transgaming.com.

it costs 5 bucks, and they just released a new version of winex: 2.0.1.

once you get winex installed (deb or rpm format available) you can copy
your windows TT fonts from another machine (or just make a symlink if
it's on the same machine) to $HOME/TransGaming/System/Windows/whatever.

not exactly what you wanted, but will save you heartache in the short
and long run.  getting wine to work well is like pulling teeth (not that
i have experience pulling teeth, but i can imagine it's not a pleasant
for all involved).

pete

begin Stephen M. Helms <Mytho_X@pacbell.net>