2002 Apr 26 11:16

Re: [vox-tech] Lugod Demo Computer Software suggestions?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:57:24AM -0700, Stephen M. Helms wrote:
> What is the needed disk space per port and version? I.e. Woody on x86.

Intel will be the largest in overall size... because it has the most
packages.  The following is Woody on Intel... broken up into the key
data chunks, this is binary only.  All is woody, don't exclude potato
directory here.

root@star:/home/debian/mirror# du -sk dists/* non-US/* pool .
88916   dists/potato
6304    dists/woody
240     non-US/dists
154316  non-US/pool
12      non-US/project
4325912 pool
4575724 .

> Also, I could setup my Toshiba Libretto 50CT (with 6GB hard drive) for
> using at installfests of demo's.  It could be setup with at least the
> core of woody for that.

  Current woody will certainly fit.  I haven't done analysis of the
file set but I would imagine you could toss out about 1 Gig of very
large and useless things (like old kernel packages and kernel source)
pretty easy.