2002 Apr 29 17:09

Re: [vox-tech] Lugod Demo Computer Software suggestions?

Re: [vox-tech] Lugod Demo Computer Software suggestions?

- Does anyone have an idea what percentage of machines show up to
  the installfest with ethernet adapters?

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 12:56:30AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> even if i can't update the ISO's the way that jigdo claims i should be
> able to, i highly recommend using jigdo-lite.  it saved me roughly 20
> hours *per disk* to download.  that's quite savings considering woody is
> at a whopping 8 disks.  yes, 8.
>
> and i'm not talking about source CD's either.  we're talking just
> binary.  it's 9 disks if you want to include the "US version" of disk 1.

  It will be wonderful having up-to-date CD's at the next installfest,
I would recommend waiting to burn your "for the installfest" set of
disks until a few days before though... since woody may be stable
by that time.

  I think there are a number of slight advantages to a local mirror
and understanding debian-cd...