2002 Apr 24 08:48

Re: [vox-tech] Apache error

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 06:58:19PM -0700, ALLO (Alfredo Lopez) wrote:
> [Tue Apr 23 16:25:09 2002] [error] (13)Permission denied: exec of
> /var/www/html/iprs_tmp/nobody_23-Apr-2002_7042/merged.htm failed
> [Tue Apr 23 16:25:09 2002] [error] [client 152.73.207.250] Premature end of
> script headers: /var/www/html/iprs_tmp/nobody_23-Apr-2002_7042/merged.htm
>
> iprs_tmp points to "/usr/local/iprscan/tmp"
> I know that iprs_tmp directory is public and has permisions to execute CGI's
> and FollowSymLinks.  "tmp"  is also public.
> The "merged.htm" is actually a symlink to a subdir where the real merged.htm
> page resides.

Alfredo,

  make merged.htm a symlink to the actual file not the subdir and things
would be slightly better.
  You may be able to make nobody_23-Apr-2002_7042 a link to the real
directory where the files are...

> Everything in the servers works fine but this page that displays the "Final
> Result" of a search Arggggggg!! So close yet so far.
>
> Does anybody know what is error 13 and where can I start looking in order to
> fix it.

  Apache is trying to execute a directory, for some reason apache is trying
to run things than end in "htm"... what do you have in your ScriptAlias
setting for apache... it sounds like the place where you have the .htm file
is inside one of them.
  Is the real .htm file something you want executed or not?

from Debian apache config files...
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as to
# Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/