2002 Apr 23 16:25

Re: [vox-tech] Not able to log into root.

Re: [vox-tech] Not able to log into root.

hi shawn,

i had the same thought myself, but didn't post it.  now that you bring
it up...

rusty, something happened between the last time you were able to su and
the time at which su stopped working.

rusty, is this a woody system?  if so, su belongs to the package
"login".  the current version of login is 20000902-12 (you can get this
by 'dpkg -p login').   if your OS and package version number match this,
check your md5sum.  here's mine:

5d324ad212b2ff8f767637ac1a8071ec  /bin/su

pete

begin Shawn P. Neugebauer <spn@ucdavis.edu>