2002 Apr 23 19:07

Re: [vox-tech] Not able to log into root.

Re: [vox-tech] Not able to log into root.

hi rusty,

off the top of my head, i would say that your su needs to be setuid
root and it's not.  you should have a permission of 4755 (rwsr-xr-x) on
su.

to verify this, i went to google groups:

in "with all of the words" i typed:

	su "cannot set groups"

the first item reads:

	su problem: su: cannot set groups: Operation not permitted

i click on it, then click on complete thread.  here's the URL:

	http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=4dec5a92aba3e0&rnum=1

it looks like all the responses to this question point to the permission
problem.   :-)

hth,
pete

begin Rusty Minden <clownsinc@attbi.com>