2002 Apr 23 11:58

Re: [vox-tech] RH keeps crashing

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> GeForce 2, I believe.  I'll check on X when I get home, but I believe it's
> a pretty recent version.

A side check. If you have installed the nvidia modules/drivers for X with
GLX/DR support, under the right conditions in X, you can actually kill
your kernel. (That is what can happen when a kernel module goes *poof*.)

Had this happen in earlier MP versions of RtCW (pre 1.1) wher a game crash
could make the machine totally non-responsive. I still have another X game
- which, when run, kills the whole OS. Not even a magic SysKey request
will work. All attributed to integration of X with the nvdia modules in
"new an exciting ways."

-ME