2002 Apr 19 16:53

Re: [vox-tech] LaTeX, DVI, PDF, LaTeX, fonts - HELP!

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 03:34:27PM -0700, Shawn P. Neugebauer wrote:
> If you're not doing anything to specifically control fonts, the default is
> Computer Modern (the distinct look behind most TeX documents)
> for the 3 font families of roman, san serif, and typewriter.  The CM fonts
> are not PostScript fonts.
>
> I'm no expert, but the following simple fix will probably go a long way.
> Insert \usepackage{times} in the preamble of your document.  It
> will make Times, Helvetica, and Courier the roman, san serif, and
> typewriter font family, respectively.  These are PostScript fonts and
> the resulting output files should be much more compatible with PS
> printers.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, \usepackage{times} is already in there. <:^(

It could be that the font isn't installed on the server generating the PDF,
and it's just sheer luck that some of the documents have been printed
with the serif font.

I'll look into it.  In the meantime, if anyone has any other suggestions...
:)