2002 Apr 19 17:47

[vox-tech] LaTeX, DVI, PDF, LaTeX, fonts - HELP!

[vox-tech] LaTeX, DVI, PDF, LaTeX, fonts - HELP!

I've just been informed that some documents that are being generated
by LaTeX aren't printing properly on some printers.

I think it's less a problem with the printers (HP-850s) and probably
more a problem with Acrobat on the system (all of these are Windows boxes, BTW)
that the printer happens to be connected to.

On one box, printing to a laser printer, the document appears correctly.
On the other box, printing to the HP-850, the fonts aren't right
(sans-serif instead of serif).

Is there some way of embedding the fonts into the PDF document so that
Acrobat will work correctly?  Or perhaps is Acrobat missing something
or misconfigured?

I've tried sending "-dNOPLATFONTS" to my call to 'dvipdf', but the
PDFs generated with and without that option were indentical in size.
(Unfortunately, >I< don't have the problem, people on the other side
of the country do, so this is mighty hard to test/debug. :^( )

Thx!