January 6: Social gathering
2002 Apr 18 20:04

[vox-tech] more newbie questions

I have a few questions for the group:

1) How do I get NUM-LOCK to stay on when re-booting (Linux, of course)?
  I thought it was only a BIOS thing but apparently not, since it stays
on when Windows boots up, but not Linux.

2) I bought a serial external modem, and I'm shopping for a cable. It
has the 25-pin connection on the back and I think I want to go with the
USB to serial cable, since I have a couple empty USB ports.  Is there
any reason I can't go with that setup?

Joey
--
                        ___