2002 Apr 16 15:30

Re: [vox-tech] Hard Disk Info

one more _important_ piece of information.

these tests will only give you sustained data tranfer.  it won't give
you burst speeds.  the important consequence is that there's no way
(that i know of) to differentiate between a UDMA 66 and UDMA 100 drive.
i've been trying to figure out this one for awhile now.

reference: linux-kernel mailing list.  it's been asked many times.  it
may be in the lkml faq.

pete

begin Stephen M. Helms <Mytho_X@pacbell.net>