2002 Apr 14 21:23

[vox-tech] replacing a monitor's VGA connector

[vox-tech] replacing a monitor's VGA connector

hi all,

i have a monitor which shows everything with a blue tint unless the VGA
connector (the end near the computer, not the end by the monitor) is
bent in a certain direction.

i take this to mean there's a grounding problem and the whole connector
(the connector plus wires from the monitor) needs to be replaced.

is this a DYI type of job?   anyone here do anything like this before?
it will certainly entail opening up the monitor.  i just wanted to hear
from anyone who has done or even just read about doing this.

pete