2002 Apr 09 14:19

Re: [vox-tech] modifying mouse selection behavior under X

Re: [vox-tech] modifying mouse selection behavior under X

begin nbs <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:59:15PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > egads!  the first thing that makes me want to use a desktop manager.
> > prolly still won't make me take the cpu hog plunge tho.   ;)  i'm going
> > to look into mark's suggestion and if it doesn't pan out i'll experiment
> > with booting up gnome when not playing games.
>
> You don't need to run Gnome to run Gnome Terminal.
> You already have Gnome libs installed (you use Abiword, no?),
> so it should just be a matter of:
>
>   apt-get install gnome-terminal

beeyootiful.  you helped alot, bill -- thank you!

> > really?  i have an xterm man page.  i think it might be symlinked to
> > x-terminal-emulator(1).   try manning that.
>
> That worked.  It's a symlink to Eterm's man page though.  Odd!

it's that diversion thing.  :)

are you saying that `locate xterm | grep man1` doesn't yield
"/usr/X11R6/man/man1/xterm.1x.gz"?  are you sure you have xterm
installed?   ;-)

pete